Friday 27 November 2015

GLITCH: Evalualtion

Evaluation


Introduction
The brief we were given told me that we were to film and a edit a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. The filming should contain a match on action shot, shot reverse shot and should abide by the 180-degree rule. The time allocated for this production is 2 weeks. The production that I created I named Glitch, it is about an experienced 17 year old assassin being hired by a mysterious man to do one impossible hit; to assassinate the US president.

Pre-production
When it came to the planning phase I believed that I chose to go with a hybrid genre of action and thriller. This is because I am familiar with the cinematography and the type of sounds that would occur in a production of similar genre. The storyboard and shot list particularly helped with my filming as I was able to tick off what I had done and what I didn’t do. Furthermore, the script was effective as it showed where each person was meant to speak and where they shouldn’t as well as what they are meant to be doing whilst they are waiting for their next line.
I decided on the mise-en scene by familiarising myself with the location, the costumes, the lighting and the actors facial expressions and movements that would typically be in a production of a similar genre. I then decided to make the protagonist not look like the typical assassin as I made him look like a typical teenage boy. This is effective as it completely goes against the dominant representation of an assassin. Furthermore, it also challenges the dominant representation by having a teenage boy as being the assassin and not the target of the assassination.


Strengths
As I worked by myself I had to be more time efficient and get the planning and research done effectively and in half the time it would take if ours in a group. This is because it would take more time do all the editing and filming as I have to pay attention to what is happening in the scene and what is not happening. Furthermore, I was able make decisions myself because I knew what I was capable of thus making it easy to persuade other actors or people that I required in the filing and editing phase.

Weaknesses
Weaknesses that I encountered were to do with the editing and sound. Firstly, the editing was a weakness because I was not use to the software that I used to edit productions with. It was also a weakness because I was not able to make a title sequence that gave the audience the name of the production. Furthermore, the sound was a weakness because in the first shot the sound could not be heard. The cinematography was a weakness because the over the shoulder shot used was not angled right so that the there was a lot of empty space to the right hand side of the shot.






No comments:

Post a Comment